Just WHO Was That Student???

Scripture says that ministering angels are sent to us by God in our time of need... When I was in college, I was taking an English course. The course was conducted by a professor who was big on facts and figures, and insisted that they be an integral part of what we write.

I was doing poorly in this class because I'm not one who writes that way. I'm not one to do a lot of research, I write from the heart and this just wasn't my writing style. But I had the ability to develop a theme well, and felt it unfair that the professor was giving me poor grades on what I wrote after I had worked so hard at it.

It was the day a paper was due and I was sitting in the coffee house with a bad cold and an anxiety-induced state of depression. It was 9:00 in the morning.

I looked up and saw this very tall person coming my way. He walked up to my table and said to me, "it looks like you really don't want to do what you have to do."

I said to him, "I have a paper due at 11:00, I'm failing the course, I have a terrible cold, and I just don't have a bit of energy in me with which to do this paper, which is the last paper of this course and if I don't get this done and get a good grade on it, I will fail this course."

All I remember is that this person sat down at the table and started dictating. He gave me one paragraph at a time, which I wrote in my own handwriting. I ended up handing it in at 11:00. The paper earned an A, and I passed the course.

I was dumbfounded. People don't just walk up to you and write a term paper for you. And of course, I never saw that person on campus again.

Cindy J
California

No comments :