Someone Else In The Car With Me?

I was a fairly new Christian, about 2 yrs at the time. I have to say that I believed right away all that was being taught.

I had a medical appointment on a bright sunny day, the day after Christmas. When I left my appointment it was like a blizzard outside and it was nearly dusk. I am very careful driving in snow, to the point that you would not want to be following me.

I got on I-95 in and driving was treacherous. I stayed in the right lane, and then all of a sudden a cruiser passed me with his red light on and turned onto a near-by exit, lighting up the exit sign so I knew where I was.

Then, an 18-wheeler went past me and swirled up the snow so badly I couldn't see anything. Thinking I was driving straight, I actually veered into the passing lane and flew off the overpass, missing the concrete by inches, I was told later. I was air-bound. I felt like I was descending slowly, and came to rest on all 4 tires about 2 feet from a tree. I was unable to open my door, but I heard people shouting and coming to help me.

I got out, a bit dazed but not hurt.

Then someone was shouting "where is the other person?"

I explained I was alone, but this couple kept saying there was someone with me.

I asked, "why do you keep saying this?"

They answered, "when you veered into the passing lane, our car lights caught you and another person in the car.

Then I knew! It was an angel! They did not believe me right away, but no other footprints came from the car!

Someone offered me a ride to the city, where I called my husband and he called a friend who had a wrecker service. When the friend got to where the car went down the slope, it wasn't there. There was a service station not far from where I had the accident, so we checked and it was there. This was the next day. They would not release the car to us, saying a State Trooper called for the tow truck and we needed to pay for the towing charge which was an unbelievable amount for towing not even a mile away.

I was so angry that after paying the bill I decided to write to the editor of the local newspaper, explaining all that took place. To make a long story short, my article sparked a lot of interest and lo and behold, the police had been trying to uncover this "wrecker scam!!!" They were not pleased with me for bringing this to the public's attention before they actually got the arrests they needed. However, I got my money back and my faith was so increased during this episode! And I hope some people later may have been spared the agony of not knowing where their cars were towed.

Nancy
Maine


No comments :