Saved By A Basketball

I was leaving my house to have lunch with a friend.  As I backed out of my garage, I spied a basketball moving across the edge of the plowed parking area near my house.  It  was moving at a steady speed, and put itself into a position where it would head down my driveway if it continued moving.  Now this basketball belonged to my granddaughters, however, they have no memory of removing it from the garage.  I had noticed it a few times over the previous few days, always sitting to the side of the parking area, and meant to ask the girls to bring it in, but forgot.  It sat in the same spot despite a snowstorm and plowing.  

But suddenly it appeared to be moving under its own power.  There didn't appear to be any wind, and it started to move into position so it could roll down my flat driveway which is about 250 feet long.  I didn't want it to roll out into the street so I drove alongside it, passed it, and then stopped my car, jumped out and picked up the ball which by then had caught up with me. I threw it in the backseat, and continued on my way.

About 4 minutes later, I was on Route 8 heading south.  Suddenly over a rise ahead of me, 2 cars appeared, one passing the other.  I had time to slow down, get out of the way, and the car doing the passing completed the pass, and moved back into its proper lane.  I suddenly realized, had it not been for the ball strangely rolling down my driveway, and the few seconds it took me to retrieve it, I might have been exactly on the spot where the cars passed over the rise in the road!

WHO made the ball suddenly start moving on its own???

Sandy C
Maine

No comments :